Starts September 16, runs Fri - Sun
Myles Standish State Forest
TC56 Permission Slip
Click to Download
Leave Friday, drive to Myles Standish State Forest in South Carver, MA. We’ll camp Friday night and Saturday night. Saturday we’ll canoe on Charge Pond. Hiking possible. Will cover new Scout skills plus Dutch oven cooking.
Trip is open to all, and is a qualifier for summer trip to Maine High Adventure.
Participation requires a swim test. Contact David or Robin for details.
- Female Adult Leader: Robin B.
- Male Adult Leader: David E.
- Youth Leader: Gwei
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- 2 Water Bottles (Nalgene sized, at least 1 quart/liter)
- Durable shoes for canoeing (Keens, Crocs, old sneakers)
- Dry shoes for camp
- Swim suit or other clothes that can get wet
- Sun hat
- Pants (cannot be cotton)
- Shorts (cannot be cotton)
- T-shirt for canoeing (cannot be cotton – Your TC56 Tshirt is good!)
- 2 pair of synthetic or wool socks (not cotton)
- Raingear (rain pants and rain jacket)
- Fleece jacket or sweatshirt (synthetic) or heavy wool sweater
- Clothes to sleep in
- Winter hat (wool or synthetic)
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.) and a small towel or a bandana
- Headlamp or flashlight
- Mess kit – bowl, spoon, cup (fork and knife optional)
- Dry bag, day pack, or extra large zip bags for personal items, snacks, etc. while canoeing
- Backpack or duffle bag to hold everything big enough to carry all this
- A signed permission slip (look on this website under “Forms and Policies”)
- Brown Bag dinner for Friday night
- Boy Scout handbook if you have one
- Strap (like Croakies) for glasses/sunglasses
- Storage case for glasses/sunglasses
- Insect repellent
- Camp chair
- Pocket knife
- Book to read