Packing List Post Here
We need firm numbers for the trip, as currently there is no additional space available at Carter Notch Hut for Saturday night, but there is some space at Joe Dodge Lodge for Friday and Saturday.
- Early Friday (1/5/18) departure (3:30 pm).
- Stay at Joe Dodge Lodge (heated).
- Early rising on Saturday, hike 4 miles gaining 2000ft of elevation.
- Stay Saturday night at Carter Notch Hut (unheated, temps near 0 degrees F, likely).
- Sunday morning cook breakfast and leave Carter Notch Hut for the hike back to cars 4 miles, 2000ft down.
The current list of participants is
- youth leader – Zoe McNerney
- adult leaders: Britt Rideout, David English, Liz McNerney,
- Dante P
I need confirmation TONIGHT that you are still planning on going.
Note that this is not the best trip to do as your first backpacking trip. Snowshoeing is strenuous work, and cold weather presents additional challenges.
Since we are over subscribed, we may be able to have a few youth and adults do a 1/2 way hike and return to Joe Dodge lodge.
Yours in Scouting,