Here are the minutes from the Troop Committee meeting held on 12/19/17.
Dear Scout Families,
Here is an opportunity for one Scout to get 2 hours (of the 6 hours required) community service to St. James’s:
Helping Hands Food Pantry
364 Rindge Ave
Cambridge MA 02140
Saturday January 13, 2018
Scouts already signed up for next Saturday include:
(9:30-11:30) Harrison, Henry, __?__
(11:00-1:00) Lixing, Gray, Hima
Please email me ASAP if you wish to fill this slot, thanks,
In order to plan accurately for the Cooking Merit Badge (location, equipment, etc), I would like to confirm the following Scouts who have signed up. (IF CONFIRMED, NO NEED TO EMAIL ME BACK, ONLY EMAIL ME IF NOT CONFIRMED)
If additional Scouts would like to sign up for this opportunity, could you please email me by 5 pm Saturday January 6th? Details are listed below. Thank you!
Scouts already signed up
1. Harrison (youth leader)
(Eagle-required) COOKING MERIT BADGE INTENSIVE, & 4 HRS COMMUNITY SERVICE
Taught by SC 56 Eagle Scout graduate, Chef Tano Holmes,
Of William Street Catering, & New York City.
Sous-chef (Youth Leader) Harrison Taylor
Occurs during February school vacation:
Thursday, Friday, Saturday February 22, 23, 24, 9:00 am – 5:00 pm location TBA
Sunday February 25th, 11:30 – 1:00 PM at St. James’s
Cost: $65 (for food costs)
Scouting Friends, The Wilderness First Aid course, taught by the premier provider of such courses (SOLO), is coming up soon. We need to fill exactly 12 spots. I would like to give our youth the priority before I fill the slots with adults. I have room for approximately 3 more youth. Here are the youth currently signed up:
1. Dante (youth leader)
PLEASE NOTIFY ME (MICHELLE HOLMES) BY EMAIL BY 5 PM SATURDAY JANUARY 6TH FOR ADDITIONAL YOUTH ATTENDEES
After that date, I will open the course up to interested adults.
- Friday – Sunday Feb 2-4 (drive up Friday night; course all day Saturday and Sunday)
- Held at SOLO headquarters Conway NH; We will stay at my house 20 miles away
- Minimum age = 13 or attending Maine High Adventure this summer
- The course is exciting and hands on, but intensive & requires maturity and ability to hold attention all day long
- Fulfills all requirements for Eagle-required First Aid Merit badge and more
- Will get a certificate for WFA and CPR good for 2 years, useful for summer camp jobs etc.