Climb Mount Washington and take the shuttle down.
Leave St. James's on Friday, Sept. 11. Camp at Dolly Copp campground. Climb Mount Washington on Saturday, Sept. 12. Return to Cambridge on Sunday, Sept. 13.
Trip counts as a Philmont qualifier. Those wishing to use this as a qualifier should plan to carry a backpack, not a day pack.
Mandatory pack check on Tuesday, Sept. 8. Packing below. For this challenging day hike, each hiker will need to carry extra layers, rain clothes, hat & gloves, and 4 liters of water.
Adult trip leaders: David and Robin
Youth leader: Sam
- Winter hat (wool or synthetic)
- 2-3 Pairs wool socks
- 2-3 Pairs liner socks (synthetic)
- Water Bottles (like 1L Nalgene) and/or hydration bladder; have 4 liters capacity
- Sleeping bag
- Sleeping pad
- Toiletries (toothpaste, toothbrush, etc.)
- Synthetic long underwear (base layer) top and bottoms
- Raingear (rain pants and rain jacket)
- Headlamp or flashlight plus extra batteries
- 2-3 non-cotton shirts (good idea for at least one to be long sleeved)
- Non cotton pants
- Sleep clothes
- Fleece jacket (synthetic) or heavy wool sweater
- Gloves – warm gloves or mittens
- Mess kit – bowl, spoon, cup (fork and knife optional)
- Scout Handbook
- Hiking Backpack or Daypack
- Hiking boots
- Hat to keep sun off face
- Bug repellent
- Book to read
- trekking poles